ABOUT FSDH FEMALE FOUNDERS GROWTH PROGRAM
FSDH Women in Business Initiative is our value-added initiative for women in business in Nigeria. The initiative was created to enable and empower women-led businesses to thrive through access to the right information, opportunities, and networks.
We are excited to welcome applications for the Female Founders Growth Programme; an initiative specially designed in partnership with the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and WEAV Capital designed to support female-led tech start-ups in Nigeria. The selected startups will partake in a world-class Investment Readiness Programme designed to support high-potential female-led tech companies to raise capital. The program will be delivered jointly by the IFC and WEAV Capital.
Selected startups will benefit from tailored-made and immersive sessions focused on improving their business model, developing their fundraising strategy, and preparing their data room for investors. Selected start-ups will also benefit from rigorous training in financial management, cash flow optimization, and investment readiness for both equity and debt funding.
Each participant will also benefit from:
- Matching with a business coach from leading global institutions to work with their business
- Expert office hours with seasoned subject matter experts across various fields
- Networking with leading investors in venture capital and venture debt.
The 6-week virtual programme will commence in mid-October and end in November culminating with a Demo-day showcase, where founders will have the opportunity to pitch to a pool of investors, accelerators, and business leaders. The top pitch will win non-equity funding of $10,000. All selected start-ups will have the potential to receive funding from participating investors in the programme.
To be eligible for the programme, companies need to meet the following criteria:
- Have a female founder or co-founder (at least one female needs to be on the founding team)
- Have at least a minimum viable product and some users.
- Achieved annual revenue of at least $50,000.
- Received less than $500,000 in funding.
- Been in operation for more than a year, but less than 5 years.
- Be a technology or technology-enabled business in any sector
- Be an early-stage (pre-seed or seed) company seeking to raise an institutional round of funding to develop their product to the next stage of growth.
The 6-week virtual programme will commence in mid-October and end in November. The time commitment required for the program is approximately 5 hours a week.
The Female Founders’ Growth Programme will be held for a total period of 6 weeks and will consist of Mentorship sessions, Masterclasses, and an Investor Pitch Day.
The Growth Programme will provide participants access to the following:
- Access to qualified, experienced faculty via the Masterclasses and Mentoring Sessions.
- Access to IFC’s Financial Management Training Programme
- Non-equity grant of $10,000
- Access to Community and Support from Peer Founders.
- Access to a Community of leading entrepreneurs.
- Access to Funding and Investment opportunities.
Applications closes on the October 6th, 2023 by 11:59 PM WAT
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants are encouraged to submit their applications early.